In India, Kashmir is a major walnut producing region. Jammu and Kashmir’s temperature, climate and soil type make it very ideal for growing these nuts.
The Kashmiri walnuts are well known for their taste and superior quality. Not just that but they are also well known for their amazing nutritional profile and health benefits. And as a result, they are extremely sought after in the Indian as well as international markets. In fact, the walnuts that grow in the valley are also certified as organic.
But what is it that makes the Kashmiri walnuts so good? Well, since they are grown and harvested ethically in a completely organic manner, the Kashmiri walnuts are of the best quality, have an amazing taste and are also dense in nutrients. Hence, these walnuts also have quite a lot of health benefits.
The Goodness of Kashmiri Walnuts
- Walnuts are one of the best plant based sources of omega 3 fatty acids. They are also quite rich in polyphenols. Both of these nutrients are extremely essential for the brain as they are known to reduce the oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Since these walnuts are a very good source of the healthy fats, consuming them helps in lowering LDL or the bad cholesterol.
- The omega 3 in walnuts also contributes towards and promotes better skin health, keeping toxins that damage the skin away.
- Since these walnuts are a good source of the healthy fats as well as vitamin E, they are also excellent for overall hair health, making them shinier and stronger.
- Eating walnuts regularly is also known to keep your heart healthy and keep various heart diseases at bay.
- Kashmiri walnuts are also known to have great anti-inflammatory effects and thus, eating them keeps all kinds of inflammation related diseases away.
Above we shared few of the many reasons why Kashmiri walnuts are full of goodness. Don’t wait any longer and get your hands on them right away.