There are many ways that help parents encourage and motivate their children to memorize the Qur’an. However, commitment to a certain degree of preservation on a daily basis is always an issue. A good program to memorize the Qur’an is always important.
In addition to a program to memorize, there needs to be another one to review what has been permanently preserved. And it is important that while ensuring that this preservation should be on the hands of a Sheikh, who is a Hafidh of the Qur’an with an established isnaad – chain of recitation.
If you live in countries such as USA, Canada or anywhere in Europe, you can take advantage of contemporary technology such as such as Quran Recitation with Tajweed Course. It is a beneficial course for those who are not able to find a teacher locally.
The Importance of Learning Tajweed
Above all, parents – especially the mother needs to encourage her children to memorize the Qur’an. This is because they are often closer to her child than his father. She should constantly read the Qur’an at home, and her children should watch her read the Qur’an. This will develop interest in them.
This is an important thing to consider as children imitate their parents. When a child sees his parents spending time with the Qur’an, it will facilitate the beginning of the journey of memorization for hm. Especially because, when the child listens to the word of Allah continuously, it gives him a sense of importance despite his young age.
If you tell your children about the importance of Qur’an in theory but abandon it yourselves, it is not going to have a good effect. The child will not understand the importance and usefulness of memorizing the actual Qur’an. But he will inevitably know that this is important in life, if you show him that it is.
A child at the beginning of his life is able to memorize greatly, so this gift that God has given him must be exploited in all the positive things, the most important of which is the preservation of the Qur’an.
- Learning Tajweed is a way to train the tongue to pronounce classical Arabic, which in turn revives it and induces its learning. Learning to intone is a way to save the tongue and its capital from melody and error in reciting the Holy Quran.  The intonation of the most honorable islamic sciences has learned destiny and status, because it relates to the words of Allah.
- Learning to Tajweed is a way to save the tongue and its capital from melody and error in reciting the Holy Quran.
- Learning to be educated, the most honorable of the Islamic sciences is destiny and status, because it is related to the words of God.
How to encourage children to memorize the Holy Quran?
- Narrating Qur’anic stories to the child. All children love stories and when they understand that these stories came from the Qur’an, they will love to memorize it.
- Always encourage your child to commit to a Tajweed course, and a remind him that he loves the stories that come from the Qur’an, so why not memorize it and even read it properly.
- If the child is five years of age and older, parents can send him to a Qur’an preservation school where there are competitions. There are awards and the child loves encouragement and gifts, and the child loves the spirit of competition and will begin to memorize the Qur’an in tradition of his peers.
- What looks like a competition for a child can be done, such as the mother asking him about the surah in which the names of the animals are mentioned as we speak like the elephant surah and after he knows the answer the mother asks him to read it.
- If the child is less than five years old, he will begin to memorize without realizing the meanings of the words and phrases of the Qur’an, so it is better and better to memorize it by playing, such as the mother drawing a tree for him and every time he memorizes a surah, she paints one of the painted tree leaves.
- The use of modern methods such as tablets and downloading children’s software to memorize the Qur’an will help him a lot.
- One of the ideas that also helps is to record the child’s voice reading the Qur’an.
- Going with his father to pray in the mosque makes him listen constantly to the Qur’an, which helps him to memorize.
Ways to teach a child the Qur’an
1. Use of courses or use phone apps.
2. Books are a great way.
3. Recording on the phone for the voice of the child and for the voice of the sheikh who was relieved of his voice in order to save through it.
Ideas to motivate children to memorize the Qur’an
There are many ideas to motivate your children to memorize the Qur’an, including:
- Encourage your children to listen to each other before they hear you.
- Always reward your children when they memorize the Qur’an, such as bringing their favorite dessert or any prizes that may make them happy and make them feel great about what they do.
- Choose cards with cheerful and striking colors in different and multiple colors, write the verses required to read and memorize that day, and make your children choose their favorite color, and tell them that each of them should read the verses on the card that carries their favorite color.
The right time to memorize the Holy Quran for children
- The child must first be prepared, by talking about the Holy Quran and its benefits, and the great things that come back to us from preserving it, and the boot begins from the first day of the child in the mother’s womb.
- You must always turn on the Qur’an and listen to it so that the child relates to it.
- Hearing the Qur’an from a young age makes it a usual habit, and the child will grow up with it and be accustomed to it.
- At the time of feeding the Qur’an must be played or read in the voice of the parents, which makes the child related to the Qur’an.
- Qur’an is one of the things that brings the blessing home, and the right time to memorize the Qur’an when your child learns to speak and write.
At the end of the article, we have explained the ways in which the Holy Quran is memorized to children in a simple way, and the child can be encouraged by recording his voice as he reads the Qur’an and listens to it. As well as gifting the child a Qur’an and gifts when preserving Surah, he made the child always proud of himself, by participating in competitions to memorize the Qur’an.